VoIP Business Telephone System Installations
Many are quick to categorize business phone services as an expense item. But perhaps it’s time to reframe that thinking. When deployed for maximum potential, your unified communications solution can not only lower costs, but increase revenues as well.
This concept isn’t as far-fetched as you might think. By integrating traditional phone features with business productivity and collaboration tools, your phone service can be turned into a source of revenue. What’s more, replacing your aging traditional service with a VoIP phone system can save your business money. Below are just some of the ways your phone solution can help you save and grow.
Sources of Savings
- Switch to VoIP: Traditional PBX phone systems have been seen as cost centers because they require a significant investment in equipment including phones, switches, wiring and other infrastructure. In addition, the expense for maintenance and support can be high if it’s managed by your IT team. Switching to a VoIP service lowers the total cost of operations over time. In fact, Nemertes Research recently evaluated IP phone systems based on a combination of capital outlays, implementation and operating costs and found replacing an aging telephone system proved to be an exceptionally cost-effective move in the long run.
- Outsource to a Phone Service Provider: With VoIP, you have the choice of keeping support in-house or handing all support and maintenance to the vendor. This allows you to control costs in the way that works best for your organization, either as an operating expense through a monthly subscription or as a capital expenditure.
- Ensure Your Business is Always Available: If you don’t answer your phones, your customers will lose faith – and you’ll lose them to competitors. This is a critical advantage of a VoIP business phone system. If bad weather causes one of your locations to go down, calls can be easily switched to another site. The customer will never know anything is amiss as calls will continue to go through without service interruptions.
- Flexibility Allows You to Take Chances: Change is constant in business, so the ability to adjust quickly in order to compete is vital. In a good year, you may experience a sudden spike in sales or have the chance to buy a competitor. The technology you have in place should be flexible enough to support any new opportunity that comes your way. An IP phone service makes adding new employees or new offices as simple as flipping a switch.
- Contact Centers as Profit Centers: Your contact center agents hold the key to developing more profitable relationships with existing customers. The better the customer experience, the more likely they are to become a repeat customer. But agents can only upsell or cross-sell if they have the right tools to work with. A VoIP phone service integrated with your CRM provides agents with customer intelligence that can increase your revenue. When a customer calls, an agent can review their account information before picking up the phone, making it easier to share information about new products and services specific to the needs of the caller.
- Real-Time Reporting Improves Decision-Making: Integrating contact centers and your business phone system also provides access to detailed reports. For example, with real-time reporting, managers can make quick decisions to allocate resources efficiently based on current call volume. In addition, they can measure performance against business goals, enabling them to increase staff or run new campaigns to meet or exceed targets.
Making the move to a new phone system might seem like a daunting and expensive proposition. But a VoIP business phone service offers features and functionality that can help your business save and grow. Be sure to evaluate and compare vendors based on total cost of operations. The savings – and revenue growth – might surprise you.
Click here to download a simple five-step guide to help you determine if your current phone system is out of date
Want to learn more about evaluating communications costs and benefits? Download the white paper, “How to Keep UCC Costs Down as Complexity Grows”.
We invite you to discover how General Communications Corporation can make a difference as a telecommunications partner in your organization.
Please call (781) 756-5100 or click here today to speak with a member of our team.